Hello! My name is Hunter and I am a costume designer, wardrobe supervisor, and artist based in New York City. I am a recent graduate from New York University Tisch School of the Arts. I graduated with a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Drama from the Production and Design Studio (May 2018). While at NYU, I worked on so many amazing productions in both the design field and wardrobe field.
In addition to my work at NYU, I have also worked outside of the school for both TADA! Youth Theater (Wardrobe Supervisor) and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (Makeup Artist). In my free time, I write for my blog Lockets and Rose: A Study in Fashion History.
I have training in costume design from Sydney Maresca, figure drawing instruction from Hilary Rosenfeld, as well as foundational design training from Toni Barton. I have also taken Special Effects Makeup classes with SFX makeup artist Rob Benevides and costume history classes with Erin Black.
And, finally, a few things I love:
- Favorite Artist: Élisabeth Vigée Le Brun
- Favorite Piece of Art: "A Portrait of the Artist-Indoors" by Paulina Olowska, 2012
- Favorite Book: Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
- Favorite Film: Practical Magic or Thelma and Louise
- Favorite Place in the City: The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Last, but not least, the love of my life, Peter the Cat...